Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Ride




Ever felt like you were dreaming for too long. Like you were supposed to wake up, but must've died in your sleep and now you're stuck in this unending haze. That's what an airplane ride from California to Japan feels like. Longest ride of my life. In all the hours of travel the sun didn't set once. I'd wake up drooling to various parts of the movie Alien with the sun blasting through my window. To be honest, I have no idea when we landed. Our layover was only for two hours. I do however, remember the Oxygen bar. A perfectly coifed Japanese man bowed over me and hooked me up to an oxygen tank with raspberry flavoring. Mmmmmm Soma I thought before dozing off again. 

Singapore. I do remember the Singapore airport. It was like a roller rink. As large as it was, I swear I passed the same people and vitamin shops every five minutes. They rented an executive lounge for us with complimentary showers and a buffet. So I guess I had died after all and apparently gone to heaven. This was the life. Five hours later of luxury cut short and I was back on a plane. The final ride was here. Indonesia was there waiting.   

No comments:

Post a Comment