Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hot Heat


Hot is an understatement. Curtain? no wall, No! Fortress of heat hit me as soon as I left the airport. "WELCOME!" "SELAMAT DATANG!" they shouted. It was unreal. Indonesia was here. The angkots, the food shops, the people, the sun, the volunteers were all here. If ever there was a christmas present, this was it for me. 

I wanted to laugh hysterically for hours. Was this really happening? The 11 year old in me appeared. I was where she always thought I should be. As we rode to the hotel, rolling hills appeared in the foggy distance and never was there ever a more vibrant green. When I thought the rice paddy fields couldn't be more striking, a thin silhouette of a volcano appeared behind it. I stared open-mouthed. It was happening. I was here! Thanks be to God!

1 comment: