Friday, July 12, 2013

The Wait



What time is it? Better yet what day is it? Is it possible for time to slip by slowly and race by so fast? The other day I woke up and forgot how old I was. I panicked and clawed at the seconds in search of the answer. 

Oh. I remembered. I'm older than I thought. My back aches. I don't know if it's from the mattress or poor diet. I eat rice too much. Everywhere is rice. All I eat is rice. With every stretch, I hear a crack. I wait a couple of minutes before easing out of my mosquito net. I've got one week left here. My adventure is about to begin and yet I feel like it's nearing an end. Am I even physically prepared for this? I can smell the veggies dying in the wok. My Nanek's at it again. I've grown so familiar with the sounds and feel of this house and now it's time to move on. But to where? 

Will the west be like the west in the states? I think of all the stereotypes between the two. People are already warning me about "those people" and "our people" and "their ways" and "our ways" West Coast and East Coast are at war and I'm not pack'n. Boom!

But here it goes, regardless it goes. Time. It keeps pushing me along. It tells me where to go, when and for how long.Time. It needs to wait. It needs to go. This Time it's time for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment